Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business Review
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
CardRatings Editor's Analysis: Pros & Cons
- All of the flexibility of the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card without the annual fee
- The sky’s the limit when it comes to how much cash back you can earn; 1 percent on every purchase.
- Using this card in a responsible manner can help bolster your corporate credit.
- If you have better than average credit you may want to consider a card with higher rewards potential.
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business may not have the lowest APR, but this small-business credit card offers strong value for entrepreneurs who, with responsible use, want to build corporate credit while also enjoying no annual fee, 1 percent cash back on every purchase and a long list of extra benefits.
Small-business credit card for growing companies
Consider the Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business if you're in the early stages of building a corporate credit history. This card is intended for business owners with average/fair or limited credit. Spark Classic is the company's entry-level business card, but it offers some powerful features for an account with no annual fee.
This Visa business credit card includes purchase security and extended protection programs that rival those of American Express (American Express is a CardRatings.com advertiser). Eligible items your team buys with their Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business cards (add employee cards at no additional cost)gets protected against loss or theft within 90 days from the date of purchase. Eligible items with manufacturers' warranties get up to one extra year of covered repairs.
On the road, your team can access Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business cards for auto rental insurance when you use your card to rent an eligible vehicle and you're covered for collision, damage and loss. In partnership with Visa, Capital One offers Spark members access to travel and emergency assistance resources, giving small teams the kind of travel support usually enjoyed by Fortune 500 companies. Enjoy dining discounts and special perks at participating merchants when you enroll through Visa® SavingsEdge.
How Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business compares with other business credit cards
It's tough for young and growing businesses to qualify for a no-annual-fee credit card with such a straightforward reward of 1 percent cash back on every purchase. American Express and Chase offer similar cash-back credit cards for businesses, but you’ll need good or excellent credit to qualify.
- Designed for businesses
- Earn 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees