Discover it® Cash Back review: Earn up to 5% cash back each quarter
Discover it® Cash Back
CardRatings Editor's Analysis: Pros & Cons
- Earn 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, select rideshares and online shopping, up to the quarterly maximum when you activate.
- The card features bonus 5% cash-back categories on a rotating basis (up to $1,500 spent and only when you activate), but if you know you spend a lot in a particular category, you might be better off with a card that features a constant higher cash-back percentage in that category. Or, if you know these are the best categories for you, but still want 5% back in rotating categories, see if Chase Freedom® would be a good fit for you.
Review coming soon!
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1.5% on all other purchases.
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No minimum to redeem for cash back. Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.