Bank of America has rolled out a refreshed version of its CardName, so cardholders have even more opportunities to rack up miles toward reward flights and, of course, work toward earning Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare. That means if you don’t already have this travel card, it’s time to consider putting in an application.
Alaska Airlines is regularly rated as one of the best ways to fly in the United States. It ranked second overall in the J.D. Power 2022 North America Airline Satisfaction Study, and its Mileage Plan loyalty program was named the No. 1 airline rewards program by U.S. News & World Report.
With even more opportunities to earn miles, a stellar limited time online bonus offer and more, now is a great time to consider applying.
Keep reading for all the details on this card’s exciting updates.
Unlimited earning potential and valuable travel benefits
With the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa®, you can earn unlimited miles in Alaska’s Mileage Plan program. The card uses a tiered system to award miles as follows:
- 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
- 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible purchases of gas; EV charging station; cable; streaming services; and local transit purchases including ride share!
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Miles never expire on active accounts, and they can be used to book airfare to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide via Alaska Airlines and its oneworld Alliance partners. Plus, Mileage Plan members can also use their rewards to book hotel rooms.
The reward miles certainly stand out with the CardName, but there are other features to get excited about as well, including:
- No foreign transaction fees, making this an ideal card for international travelers.
- A free checked bag for you and up to six guests on the same reservation when you book with your card. This benefit is available to authorized users and co-applicants as well.
- Priority boarding when you book a flight with your card.
- $100 off an annual Alaska Lounge+ Membership purchased with your card.
- 20% off Alaska Airlines inflight purchases made with your card.
- 10% rewards bonus on all miles earned from purchases for cardholders with an eligible Bank of America account.
- Opportunity to earn Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare each year (more on this great benefit below).
What is the limited time welcome offer?
In addition to all the benefits above, as part of a limited time online offer, earn 60,000 bonus miles! New cardholders can earn Alaska’s famous companion fare plus 60,000 bonus miles. Buy one ticket, get one for just $99 plus taxes and fees ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) and get 60,000 bonus miles with this offer. To qualify, make $3,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account.
With Mileage Plan redemptions for free flights starting at 5,000 miles, earning that welcome bonus has the potential to cover numerous free flights.
Get Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare every year
One of the standout benefits of the CardName is the chance to earn Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare not only as part of the welcome bonus offer, but every anniversary year as well.
If you aren’t familiar with the Famous Companion Fare, it allows cardholders to purchase airfare for as little as $122 (that’s a $99 fare plus taxes and fees starting at $23) for a companion with a paid airfare at the published price. This companion rate is good for round-trip coach airfare, although paid or miles upgrades to first class may be available in some situations.
You can earn this valuable benefit annually when you make at least $6,000 in purchases on your card within your account’s anniversary year.
Who should get the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa® Credit Card?
Alaska Airlines flies to destinations across the country and beyond, including flights to Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Belize. Through its participation in the oneworld Alliance, Mileage Plan miles can be redeemed for travel worldwide. That means the CardName can be a no-brainer regardless of where you live.
The card does have an annual fee of AnnualFees, but that is a competitive rate for the value of the card’s various benefits. The welcome bonus miles alone are enough to offset the cost, and when you factor in Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare, you’re getting incredible value in exchange for the annual fee.
If you are ready to get started earning on the Bank of America CardName, it only takes a few minutes to submit your application online. This is one rewards card you won’t want to miss.