Q: What is the best secured credit card offer?
If you are new to the credit scene and have not built up any credit yet, you can do a search using the criteria "bad credit" and it will bring up a number of options for you to consider. Now, you may be thinking the category "bad" credit has nothing to do with you, but without the track record of credit history, it's difficult for a lender to evaluate your ability to make payments. Until you have built up a credit score, you have a low credit score; hence, the search for credit card options in the "bad credit" category.
Another place you can inquire about a secured credit card is a local branch of almost any major bank.
In considering which secured credit card is best for you, you should ask how much of a deposit is required to open the savings account to "secure" the card. Most banks require at least $250. You will also want to know whether the savings will earn interest. Find out, too, whether the bank reports your on-time payments to the credit bureaus, which ones and how often. And don't forget to ask if the bank will automatically convert your secured card to an unsecured card after a prescribed period of time.
Another important question to ask is what is the purchase APR? Expect this to be high, but sometimes you get lucky. Are there any frills with this card? I would not expect too much in this area such as rewards, because this is not the purpose of the card. The purpose of the card is to build your credit as rapidly as possible, and there simply is no faster way than with a secured credit card.
- Can you tell me what the best card on the market is right now?
- I want a free gift for my credit card application. Which credit cards offer the best free gifts?
- Does this website give me a list of the cards that best fit my credit?
- Does an unsecured card build credit faster than a secured card? Does FICO rate them differently?
- Can I have a family member co-sign a credit card, so I can get an unsecured credit card?
- Is there a secured credit card that will convert to an unsecured card?
- Which bank offers the best debit card?
- Are Discover Card credit cards any good?
- Why do you rate American Express credit requirements as "good credit" to secure a card? I thought to qualify for an American Express card you have to have excellent credit.
- Is a credit score of 725 considered good?
- Supposing you have a perfect credit score of 800 or better; which credit card offers the highest credit limits?