Credit card rewards programs on premium cards often have exclusive, limited-time offers for cardholders. American Express, Visa Signature, MasterCard WorldPoints, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi Private Pass offer access to special events, preferred-seating tickets to concerts, or exotic vacations. Here are some of the current offers in the rewards programs.
Dine for a Cause
Program: American Express
Event: Dine out using your American Express card and American Express will donate $1, up to $1 million, to No Kid Hungry.
Where: Anywhere in the U.S.
Cost: Cost of your meal
Event date: Dec. 1, 2013 through Jan. 31, 2014
Details: American Express members should register their American Express cards and use it every time they dine out. Each time, American Express donates $1 to No Kid Hungry.
- Offer good at participating restaurants
- Only one card can be registered for this offer.
- Restaurants in hotels where the charge is made to your hotel bill do not qualify.
- Food delivery websites such as Seamless Web and Grubhub are eligible.
Citi Frozen Fenway 2014 Cardmember Skates
Program: Citi Private Pass
Event: Citi Frozen Fenway 2014 Cardmember Skates
Where: Fenway Park, Boston
Event date: Dec. 28, 2013
Details: Citi cardmembers have the opportunity to skate in Fenway Park, home of the World Champion Boston Red Sox.
- Four one-hour sessions with up to 200 guests each session; cardmembers can purchase up to eight spots
- One hour of food and beverages in EMC Club or the State Street Pavilion after skating
- Registration begins 30 minutes prior to session
- Children under 12 must wear helmets (not provided at Fenway Park)
- Bring your own skates
Event: Justin Timberlake: The 20/20 Experience World Tour
Where: Various cities in U.S. and Canada
Event date: Various dates and cities from October 2013 through February 2014
Details: VIP Bar & Lounge package includes
- Reserved table for two in 20/20 Bar & Lounge (raised platform)
- Exclusive bar access during the show
- Pre-concert reception including buffet and beer and wine
- Exclusive concert T-shirt
- Limited-edition lithograph
- Official VIP laminate credentials
- Commemorative concert ticket
- Tour gift item
- Early access to venue
- VIP host
Program: Visa Signature
Event: Kapalua On-Going Benefits
Where: Kapalua Resort, Maui, Hawaii
Event date: Now through Jan. 1, 2015
Details: Benefits for golf, lodging and spa, including
- Book tee times up to 60 days in advance for the Bay and Plantation courses
- 10 percent discount on green and cart fees and registered guest rates
- 10 percent discount on golf instruction
- 15 percent discount at Ritz-Carlton Kapalua or Kapalua Villas
- 10 percent discount on spa services at Ritz-Carlton Spa
Program: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Event: High-Speed Exotic Car Ride-Along for One
Where: Orlando, Fla.
Cost: 13,800 points or $138 on Chase credit card
Event dates: Select dates, year-round
Details: The Exotic Car Ride-Along lets you experience high-speed racing on a one-mile “street-style” course. The experience includes:
- Two-lap ride in a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4, Audi R8 or a Porsche 997S with a professional driver
- All necessary equipment, including helmet
Hit speeds in excess of 100 mph on the one-mile Exotic Course at Walt Disney Speedway.
Program: Citi Private Pass
Event: America’s Cup Stars & Stripes Experience
Where: San Diego
Event date: Ongoing
Details: The experience for two includes:
- Two-and-a-half-hour sail in San Diego Bay on Dennis Conner’s famous America’s Cup yacht, “Stars & Stripes”
- 4-night stay at San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- Daily breakfast for two
- Admission to Maritime Museum of San Diego