Irish Car Rentals is the franchisee in Ireland for Europcar and also services National Alamo customers' car rental needs in Ireland. They are one of the largest car hire companies in Ireland, operating a fleet of over 2,700 new vehicles. According to Irish Car Rentals, "The only credit card insurance that covers for auto rental insurance in the Republic of Ireland is MasterCard Gold or Platinum (issued in the United States). Please contact MasterCard directly to have this confirmed to you. Their toll-free number is 1-800-622-7747."
As a matter of interest I tried calling the 800 number I listed but was told that the answer is going to be card specific. In other words, without the credit card account number, they could not answer me. Therefore, if you have not already done so, I do suggest you call them with your card number. Additionally, you should know that in my research I did not find any companies offering rental car coverage in Ireland. While no one could confirm the reason, one possible explanation mentioned was bad roads.
- My ex-wife took her maiden name back. She has opened new credit cards with my last name and address on them but hasn't lived at my address for three years. What can I do?
- If I buy jewelry online with a credit card, is the purchase insured if the jewelry does not arrive?
- I would like to replace a few high APR cards with better rate cards, but I know that we are supposed to limit how many cards that we have and closing them is a bad idea. What should I do?
- Are Discover Card credit cards any good?
- Which bank offers the best debit card?
- Is a credit score of 725 considered good?
- Why do you rate American Express credit requirements as "good credit" to secure a card? I thought to qualify for an American Express card you have to have excellent credit.
- Supposing you have a perfect credit score of 800 or better; which credit card offers the highest credit limits?