Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® Review
By Curtis Arnold Editor-in-chief | Updated
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
CardRatings Editor's Analysis: Pros & Cons
- There’s no balance transfer fee with this card, so it’s a great option to have on hand for larger purchase you can’t pay down right away.
- There’s no annual fee on this card, so it’s not a bad one to have on hand in case you need to make that balance transfer at some point.
The card has an exceptionally low interest rate and no annual fee--a rarity for airline cards. Points can be redeemed for travel on any United States based airline with no blackout dates or seating restrictions. If you don't wish to use the points for flights, you also have the option of redeeming them for hotels, cruises, car rental, restaurants, or full vacation packages. Points are based on 1:1.
1.25 points per net dollar spent
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Redeem on travel-from vacation rentals to car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 10+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® Compared to Other Travel rewards Cards
Rewards1.25 points per net dollar spent
Rewards2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
Rewards3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
RewardsEarn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations and restaurants. Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
RewardsEarn 2 AAdvantage® miles for each $1 spent at grocery stores, including grocery delivery services. Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases. Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
Bonus RewardsEarn 100,000 Miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Bonus RewardsEarn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
Bonus RewardsEarn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
Bonus RewardsEarn 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles and receive a $50 statement credit after making $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Annual Fee$99, waived for first 12 months