Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® Review
By Curtis Arnold Editor-in-chief | Updated
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature®
CardRatings Editor's Analysis: Pros & Cons
- There’s no balance transfer fee with this card, so it’s a great option to have on hand for larger purchase you can’t pay down right away.
- There’s no annual fee on this card, so it’s not a bad one to have on hand in case you need to make that balance transfer at some point.
The card has an exceptionally low interest rate and no annual fee--a rarity for airline cards. Points can be redeemed for travel on any United States based airline with no blackout dates or seating restrictions. If you don't wish to use the points for flights, you also have the option of redeeming them for hotels, cruises, car rental, restaurants, or full vacation packages. Points are based on 1:1.
1.25 points per net dollar spent
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Redeem on travel-including flights, vacation rentals, car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 15+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
Simmons Rewards Visa Signature® Compared to Other Travel rewards Cards
Rewards1.25 points per net dollar spent
Rewards2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
RewardsEarn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets. Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels. Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Rewards3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
RewardsEarn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That's an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases. Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year. 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
Bonus Rewards100,000 Miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
Bonus RewardsEarn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Bonus RewardsEarn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Bonus RewardsEarn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.