PenFed Promise Visa® Card Review
PenFed Promise Visa® Card
CardRatings Editor's Analysis: Pros & Cons
- A low ongoing APR along with a nice intro bonus and a lack of fees overall make this card a winner.
- There’s a low APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- Earn a $100 bonus after spending $1,500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
- There are lower purchase APR options out there, like that available with the Simmons Bank Visa® Platinum.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union serves members of DOD-related groups such as military, defense related companies, Homeland Security, VFW, and more. What I like best is how the card features no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, no late fee, no balance transfer fee and no penalty APR. Plus, you will receive a $100 bonus after spending $1,500 within the first 90 days. Along with other credit criteria as set by PenFed, excellent credit is required--although credit requirements vary by card issuer, an excellent credit score is loosely defined as currently being in the 730-850 range. This card offers a low introductory balance transfer APR, subject to credit approval. Thereafter, 11.74% to 17.99% Variable If you take advantage of this balance transfer, you will immediately be charged interest on all purchases made with your credit card unless you pay the entire account balance, including balance transfers, in full each month by the payment due date.
- Created for those with EXCELLENT CREDIT and approval is based on your credit rating and application review.
- Low 8.25% variable standard purchase APR and platinum benefits
- No balance transfer fee for balances transferred
- No Annual Fee