ExxonMobil™ Smart Card Review
By Amber Stubbs Managing Editor | Updated
ExxonMobil™ Smart Card
CardRatings Editor's Analysis: Pros & Cons
- This card makes it easy for road warriors – or even just those who hit the road for regular running around town – to chip away at the money they put in their gas tank each month ( ).
- Even though this is a "gas" card, you can use it to purchase a variety of food and supplies at any Exxon™ or Mobil™ station.
- Your reward rebates are automatically credited to your statement balance, so there's no need to remember to redeem your rewards.
- A gas rewards card certainly can have a place in your wallet, but it will never be an "everyday" credit card. If you're looking to maximize your credit card rewards, look for a card with a broader range of reward options.
6¢ off every gallon every day.
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Redeem on travel-from vacation rentals to car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 10+ travel loyalty programs
- No foreign transaction fees
ExxonMobil™ Smart Card Compared to Other Reward Cards
ExxonMobil™ Smart Card
Rewards6¢ off every gallon every day.
Rewards2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.
RewardsEarn 3 Points per $1 spent at Restaurants and Supermarkets. Earn 3 Points per $1 spent at Gas Stations, Air Travel and Hotels. Earn 1 Point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Rewards3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
RewardsEarn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That's an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases. Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year. 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
Bonus Rewards100,000 Miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months
Bonus RewardsEarn 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Bonus RewardsEarn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Bonus RewardsEarn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.