Chase Freedom Unlimited® at a Glance
- Earn a $150 cash-back bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first three months.
- With no rotating categories and an ongoing flat rewards rate of 1.5% on all purchases, this card is a no-brainer for people who appreciate simplicity in their spending and rewards earning.
- Take advantage of an introductory 15 months no interest on purchases (then, 14.99 - 23.74% Variable)
Chase Freedom Unlimited® Essentials
Simplifying the way you earn rewards, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card is an ideal fit for credit card users who are looking for an easy way to earn cash back on all purchases, without any categories or spending caps to worry about.
Not to be confused with the Chase Freedom® credit card (This card is not currently available on CardRatings), which allows users to earn extra cash back in rotating, quarterly bonus categories, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card earns users unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day. Plus, new cardholders earn $150 cash-back bonus after you spend just $500 in the first three months. On an ongoing basis, there are no enrollment periods, no hoops, no hassles. Earning cash back is as simple as swiping your card for purchases you’d be making regardless. From booking your next vacation to grocery shopping, you’ll earn rewards on it all.
If you know and love the Chase Freedom® credit card for some of its other benefits, such as no annual fees and its intro offer of 15 months of 0% APR on purchases offer (then, 16.49% - 25.24% Variable), don’t worry; Chase Freedom Unlimited® offers these incentives as well. Other notable Chase Freedom Unlimited® features include:
- Rewards can be redeemed for cash – any amount, any time.
- Pool your rewards in one bucket with other Chase Ultimate Rewards® you earn with other credit cards such as Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (This card is not currently available on CardRatings) or Chase Freedom® (This card is not currently available on CardRatings).
- Purchase protection benefits covering new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim.
- Extended warranty benefits which extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
What Our Editors Like Most about Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The simplicity of racking up rewards with Chase Freedom Unlimited® definitely grabs our attention; however, the benefits go far beyond its easy to earn rewards system.
Flat-rate cash-back credit cards aren’t a new idea, but there are some aspects of the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card that make it stand out from other cash-back credit cards on the market.
For starters, earning a $150 bonus after spending just $500 is a nice way to start your relationship with a credit card. Then, on an ongoing basis, the 1.5% cash back on every purchase is a pretty high return, especially for a card with no annual fee. Plus, there’s no spending cap limiting the amount of rewards you can earn. Whether you spend $5,000 or $50,000 you’re still going to earn 1.5% on every $1 you spend. (1.5% of $50,000 is $750, by the way. Just to give you an idea of the kind of money you could pocket, all for making routine purchases with this card.)
Another great feature is its intro 0% APR offer. While you’ll sometimes see offers like this with other flat-rate, no-annual-fee credit cards, it’s rare that you’ll see an offer that lasts so long. Often, 0% APR offers end after 12 months. Chase Freedom Unlimited®, however, offers 0% APR on purchases for 15 months (then, 14.99 - 23.74% Variable), giving you a little extra time to pay off a large purchase you might make during that time.
Who Should Get This Card?
Chase Freedom Unlimited® is a great option for those not interested in keeping up with rotating cash-back categories, and who instead, prefer to earn consistent rewards on all purchases made – no matter the amount or the category. It’s also a good choice for anyone looking for a no-annual-fee card that allows for a little extra time (15 months to be exact) to pay off a large purchase thanks to its attractive introductory 15 month 0% APR offer.