Chase Freedom Unlimited® at a Glance
- Earn 3% cash back on up to $20,000 spent during your first year as a cardholder, then 1.5% on an ongoing basis. Max out the 3% opportunity and you'll earn $600 cash back!
- With no rotating categories and an ongoing flat rewards rate of 1.5 percent on all purchases, this card is a no-brainer for people who appreciate simplicity in their spending and rewards earning.
- Take advantage of an introductory 15 months no interest on purchases and balance transfers (then, 17.24% - 25.99% Variable)
Chase Freedom Unlimited® Essentials
Simplifying the way you earn rewards, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card is an ideal fit for credit card users who are looking for an easy way to earn cash back on all purchases, without any categories or spending caps to worry about.
Not to be confused with the Chase Freedom® credit card, which allows users to earn extra cash back in rotating, quarterly bonus categories, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card earns users unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase, every day. Plus, for new cardholders earn 3% cash back on the first $20,000 spent during your first year, for up to $600 in cash back with that opportunity alone. On an ongoing basis, there are no enrollment periods, no hoops, no hassles. Earning cash back is as simple as swiping your card for purchases you’d be making regardless. From booking your next vacation to grocery shopping, you’ll earn rewards on it all.
If you know and love the Chase Freedom® credit card for some of its other benefits, such as no annual fees and its intro offer of 15 months of 0 percent APR on purchases and balance transfers offer (then, 17.24% - 25.99% Variable), don’t worry; Chase Freedom Unlimited® offers these incentives as well. Other notable Chase Freedom Unlimited® features include:
- Rewards can be redeemed for cash – any amount, any time.
- Pool your rewards in one bucket with other Chase Ultimate Rewards you earn with other credit cards such as Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or Chase Freedom®.
- Purchase protection benefits covering new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim.
- Extended warranty benefits which extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
What Our Editors Like Most about Chase Freedom Unlimited®
The simplicity of racking up rewards with Chase Freedom Unlimited® definitely grabs our attention; however, the benefits go far beyond its easy to earn rewards system.
Flat-rate cash-back credit cards aren’t a new idea, but there are some aspects of the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card that make it stand out from other cash-back credit cards on the market.
For starters, earning 3% cash back on purchases up to $20,000 spent during your first year is an excellent way to jump start your earning. Then, on an ongoing basis, the 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase is a pretty high return, especially for a card with no annual fee. Plus, there’s no spending cap limiting the amount of rewards you can earn (after that initial 3% on $20,000 spent, that is). Whether you spend $5,000 or $50,000 you’re still going to earn 1.5 percent on every dollar you spend. (1.5 percent of $50,000 is $750, by the way. Just to give you an idea of the kind of money you could pocket, all for making routine purchases with this card.)
Another great feature is its intro 0 percent APR offer. While you’ll sometimes see offers like this with other flat-rate, no-annual-fee credit cards, it’s rare that you’ll see an offer that lasts so long. Often, 0 percent APR offers end after 12 months. Chase Freedom Unlimited®, however, offers 0 percent APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months (then, 17.24% - 25.99% Variable), giving you a little extra time to pay off any outstanding balances or a large purchase you might make during that time.
Who Should Get This Card?
Chase Freedom Unlimited® is a great option for those not interested in keeping up with rotating cash-back categories, and who instead, prefer to earn consistent rewards on all purchases made – no matter the amount or the category. It’s also a good choice for anyone looking for a no-annual-fee card that allows for a little extra time (15 months to be exact) to pay off an outstanding balance or a large purchase thanks to its attractive introductory 15 month 0 percent APR offer.