Foster City, CA – May 21, 2020 – CardRatings.com, a leader in credit card ratings, conducted a survey to ask Americans their thoughts and plans on resuming travel after the country has been on hold from the pandemic. Respondents were asked last month if they’re planning travel, what type and when the travel is being planned. Considering the state of the economy, unemployment numbers and travel restrictions, these results show heightened uncertainty:
- About half of respondents (46%) aren’t planning any travel
- Areas with spikes in COVID-19 cases did not impact those planning travel, all regions range from 44-47%
- Among respondents planning travel, this summer is the most popular time with 24% planning travel for May-August 2020 and only 6% waiting until 2021
- Commercial flight travel (12.5%) was not far behind the top travel choice of personal vehicle (12.9%)
- People in the West favor air travel over any other mode of transportation (18%)
- Respondents appear to favor hotel stays over other accommodations (12.1%)
- Only 6% plan to use Airbnb/homeshare stays while 5.8% plan to stay with family/friends
- Not surprisingly, only 3% will travel by commercial cruise or boat
- However, more people in the northeast will travel this way instead of staying with family/friends (3.5% vs 2.8%)
The study was conducted through Google Surveys on behalf of CardRatings.com from April 27-30, 2020 with respondents in the United States of ages 18 and up.
- Question 1: 858 respondents with a margin of error of 2.16%
- Question 2: 762 respondents with a margin of error of 2.64%
- Question 3: 729 respondents with a a margin of error of 2.75%
View the complete article: Survey: Re-booking COVID-canceled trips tops travel planning list
Brooklyn Lowery, the senior editor for CardRatings.com, is available for comment.
- Guide to Credit Card Travel Insurance
- Travel Rewards Credit Cards 101
- Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards
CardRatings.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (Nasdaq: QNST), a pioneer in delivering online marketplace solutions to match searchers with brands in digital media. QuinStreet is committed to providing consumers and businesses with the information and tools they need to research, find and select the products and brands that meet their needs. CardRatings.com is a member of the company’s expert research and publishing division.
CardRatings.com innovated online credit card ratings and has been offering independent ratings and reviews of credit card offers since 1998. The website collects and maintains data on more than 700 credit card offers and carefully compiles objective lists of the top credit cards by card type, making it easy for consumers to find the right card to fit their needs.
Public Relations Manager
Liberty Communications for QuinStreet