If, on the other hand, you are looking to maximize reward points, then I have to ask, how will you use the card? If it is mostly for travel, perhaps some of the charge cards that offer bonus points for travel are best.
So your first objective is to determine how you are going to use the card and what you will use it for. But don't forget to check annual fees. The annual fees for American Express' charge cards vary, so make sure you will use it enough to justify the fee.
- Are Discover Card credit cards any good?
- Is a credit score of 725 considered good?
- Which bank offers the best debit card?
- Why do you rate American Express credit requirements as "good credit" to secure a card? I thought to qualify for an American Express card you have to have excellent credit.
- Supposing you have a perfect credit score of 800 or better; which credit card offers the highest credit limits?