You've got a few good options if you enjoy frequent trips to the Magic Kingdom and other Disney destinations. Chase offers a pair of travel rewards cards tailored for Disney fans:
- Disney Rewards Visa Card. This no annual fee rewards card earns a 1 percent rebate on your everyday transactions, redeemable toward purchases at Disney Resorts, on Disney Cruises or at the Disney Store.
- Disney's Premier Visa Card. For a modest annual fee, Chase and Disney add a 2 percent rebate for eligible purchases at Disney locations, along with gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants.
Both of these cards compare favorably with many cash back credit cards. Keep in mind that, if you fly an entire family to Orlando or Anaheim for an annual vacation, a solid airline credit card with waived bag check fees might save you more money each year.
However, like most affinity credit cards, Chase's Disney cards offer some special perks that can make a huge difference in the quality of your vacation. Throughout the year, cardholders enjoy exclusive experiences at Disney resorts and special discounts on Disney merchandise. Offers vary throughout the year, based on seasonal demand. Some recent perks have included:
- Discounts of up to 30 percent on hotel nights at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Buy one, get one free tickets to Disney musicals on Broadway.
- Access to limited edition Disney collectors' pins.
- Discounts of up to 10 percent at select dining and merchandise locations at Walt Disney World Resort and at the Disneyland Resort.
- Cardmember-only character greetings with complimentary photo.
Best of all, Chase and Disney extend six month, zero APR financing for cardholders who book their Disney packages, cruises, and Hawaiian vacations. According to travel author Kim Wright Wiley, the typical family of four spends about $500 per day on a Disney trip. Therefore, that perk alone can save hundreds of dollars compared to a regular travel rewards card.