Q: I have had a Wells Fargo secured card for more than three years and a 666 credit score and still have not graduated to an unsecured card. What are my top three credit card picks?
Q: I opened a computer store and couldn't get an American Express business card with a 666 credit score. I have had a Wells Fargo secured card for more than three years and still have not graduated to an unsecured card. I keep asking them for a review. What are my top three credit card picks?
A: Sounds like you've paid some dues, and sorry to hear you've had trouble getting answers from Wells Fargo. But if all three credit bureaus assigned you the devilish number of 666, you may have troubles I simply can't help you with.
But seriously, if you've had a secured credit card for three years and you've been making the payments on time, you should certainly be able to qualify for some sort of unsecured card, unless you're already carrying a lot of debt from running the store or there are other black marks on your credit history. You could say the devil is in the details (sorry, couldn't resist).
Here is a selection of business cards.
- I have a credit score of 650 and need to re-establish my good credit. I won't carry a balance. Please advise regarding the credit card I can qualify for.
- "Your credit card has been declined…"
- Can you enter household income where it says annual income on a credit card application?
- Should you pay your utility bill with a credit card if you can?
- Some credit cards put foreign transaction fees on vacation