Q: I currently purchase all of my food online at Stop & Shop. It totals about $500 a month. I want to start paying with a credit card that will give me some type of rewards for doing this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Grocery stores have become a battleground between merchants and credit card issuers. They're one of the few places you still see shoppers forking over hundreds of dollars in cash each week. Credit card companies would love to get a cut of that action, so they're issuing some great cash back credit card offers with supermarket bonuses. Here are a couple from American Express.
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express and Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. Your excellent credit could qualify you for one of the best cash back credit card offers on the market.
- For eligible purchases Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express card offers a whopping 6 percent cash rebate at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases, 3 percent cash back on gasoline at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, 1 percent cash back on other purchases. The "preferred" version has a $75 annual fee.
- While for eligible purchases the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers 3 percent rebate at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6,000 per year in purchases which still beats most other credit card deals. The "everyday" version also offers 2 percent cash back on gasoline at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, 1 percent cash back on other purchases. This card has no annual fee.
Stop & Shop also offers a convenient service that lets you link your cash back credit card to your frequent shopper card. Even if you're doing most of your shopping through Peapod's delivery service, there's no reason to miss out on extra savings when you happen to visit one of their brick and mortar stores. Happy shopping!
- Know Your Credit Card Foreign Transaction Fee BEFORE You Travel
- Best credit cards for new college grads
- Target Discontinues Visa Credit Card
- About two years ago, I went through Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Will I be eligible for an American Express again?
- Chase boosts British Airways Visa offer with 100,000 bonus miles