With help from online fans, JPMorgan Chase and InterContinental Hotel Group launched a new travel rewards credit card this month, the Priority Club Select Visa. IHG, the parent company of well-known brands like Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza, invited its frequent guests to visit an online forum where they could suggest features for a new loyalty credit card. Some of the perks that made the cut include:
- No foreign transaction fees,
- An annual free night certificate good at any of IHG's brands,
- Late check-out privileges at participating locations,
- Bonus points earned for grocery, gas, and dining purchases, and
- Five points earned for every dollar spent at an IHG hotel.
In statements to reporters, IHG company officials expressed excitement that implementing these suggestions would help frequent travelers earn and redeem higher value rewards more frequently. As a special launch promotion, Chase has waived the credit card's $49 annual fee for the first year. In addition, IHG have extended new cardholders the benefit of earning enough Priority Club points for a two-night stay at many of its hotels after a new card's initial purchase.
About the Author
Joe Taylor Jr. is an internal business consultant for a Fortune 500 company, who writes about finance, culture, and design. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Communications from Ithaca College.