The value of this latter debt besides convenience is the ability to show some credit history when applying for debt higher on the list of hierarchy of debt.
Learn more about the pros and cons of retail credit cards: Retail Credit Cards and Department Store Credit Cards
- My credit score is 743. Every time I apply for a credit card I'm denied. I'm told I have too many balances on cards. I have two credit cards only totaling less than $2,000. I'm not sure what the problem is. I own a home, I make $85,000 on my own and I also have income coming in from my husband. What am I to do? Good credit, almost no credit cards, and I'm never late with anything. Any suggestions?
- I have four retail cards and a good credit score. I want to get a regular credit card and get rid of the retail cards. Is this a good move for my credit?
- Can I include my spouse's income on a credit card application?
- Are Discover Card credit cards any good?
- Which bank offers the best debit card?
- Is a credit score of 725 considered good?
- Why do you rate American Express credit requirements as "good credit" to secure a card? I thought to qualify for an American Express card you have to have excellent credit.
- Supposing you have a perfect credit score of 800 or better; which credit card offers the highest credit limits?