Six more credit unions have signed with Fifth Third Processing Solutions for ATM and debit card transactions, according to a Fifth Third spokesperson. All six credit unions gain access to the same debit card production and gateway access solutions enjoyed by larger financial institutions. The participating credit unions serve over 50,000 existing members:
- Citco Federal Credit Union, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Cutting Edge Federal Credit Union, Milwaukie, Oregon
- New Mexico Energy Federal Credit Union, Kirkland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- North Coast Credit Union, Bellingham, Washington
- Quincy Credit Union, Quincy, Massachusetts
- TrustUS Federal Credit Union, Midlothian, Texas
Credit union debit and credit card programs have attracted attention from personal finance experts in recent months. Federal regulations that cap merchant transaction fees for large banks don't apply to credit unions. The loophole enables community banks and credit unions to enhance their cash back rebate and loyalty reward programs, making them more attractive to consumers.