Q: Do Discover Card credit cards offer airline miles?
Escape offers 25,000 bonus miles--1,000 bonus miles each month you make a purchase during your first 25 months, and unlimited double miles on all purchases. You can also get an additional two miles for every dollar you spend through their online shopping site. There are also enhanced travel benefits.
Miles by Discover Card, on the other hand, offers 12,000 bonus miles--1,000 bonus miles each month that you make a purchase for your first year, plus double miles on your first $3,000 in travel and restaurant purchases each year. You also receive double miles through their online shopping site with one mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
At the same time there are a number of other cards available and you may find one that suits your needs even more. Chase, Penfed, American Express and others offer sky miles. Some even offer up to five times the miles per dollar spent. On the other hand, some other cards have a credit score requirement of "good" rather than "excellent." But on these latter cards you will find annual fees or higher APR. Another thing to be aware of; some cards offer more miles for particular airlines, so if you have an airline of choice that may be of interest to you. You simply have to pick and choose based upon your qualifications and card use goals.
If you plan on transferring a balance, check the fee and balance transfer APR. Also don't allow an introductory offer to be the sole reason for your choice of card.
- Which cards offer rental car insurance?
- I was Christmas shopping and went to the counter to check out and my credit card wouldn't work. Discover turned it off! I had made too many transactions. Should I be angry? I lost all my Christmas gifts.
- I'm looking for the best credit card offer with benefits of extended warranty, price protection, purchase assurance, and satisfaction guarantee.
- I use the Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa for personal and business flights. For everything else, I use Visa US Bank Flexperks card. I pay off my bill every month, have good credit and I fly a lot. Is there a reason I should switch from US Bank Flexperks to a difference rewards card such as American Express?
- Can you recommend a good card for visiting or living outside of the U.S.A.? Can I avoid foreign transaction fees? Will my information be safe?
- I want to get rid of my Sony Visa card and move to another rewards credit card. I'm thinking about airline credit cards, probably American Airlines, since I live in Dallas. I have a Starwood AmEx already, and I have very good to excellent credit. Thoughts?
- Which bank offers the best debit card?
- Are Discover Card credit cards any good?
- Why do you rate American Express credit requirements as "good credit" to secure a card? I thought to qualify for an American Express card you have to have excellent credit.
- Is a credit score of 725 considered good?
- Supposing you have a perfect credit score of 800 or better; which credit card offers the highest credit limits?