Citi Credit Card Rewards Responsible Action (Part 2)
Written by Mike Killian
Posted On: March 31, 2009
Editor's Note: This article is the second of a two-part interview with Terry O'Neil, Executive vice president of Citi Cards.
Citi Forward also offers a variety of credit education and online features to help keep card members' credit healthy:
- Spend Tracker: a simple, easy-to-use online tool that estimates their categorized spending and shows how it stacks up against others.
- Custom bill dates.
- Monthly statement that breaks down spending into categories to quickly see where money is being spent.
- Email or text alerts when payment is due, approaching the credit line, payment notifications, and more.
- Free credit education tips and interactive tools at www.usecreditwisely.com
Mike: What type of response are you getting from consumers on this program?
Terry: It is still quite early, but we are very pleased with the response to Citi Forward so far and the level of engagement we're seeing from consumers. For example, already more than 3,300 MySpace users have completed socially responsible acts through the 12 Resolutions Program.
Having designed a card specifically with consumers needs and concerns in mind, we think they will find a great deal of value in the many ways this card can benefit them.
Mike: Will CitiForward.com and Citi Forward's MySpace site have additional information forthcoming and will it be continuing for the foreseeable future?
Terry: We continue to look for ways to engage more deeply with our customers and consumers. Every 90 days we will feature 3 new socially responsible deeds as part of the on-going 12 Resolutions Program.
Mike: Are there any special requirements to become part of this program?
Terry: We invite all consumers to apply for Citi Forward and Citi Forward by MySpace. Also, all MySpace users are invited to participate in our 12 Resolutions Program.
Mike: Is there anything you would like to add?
Terry: Citi Forward was designed specifically with consumers' needs in mind. Citi Forward goes above and beyond other programs to reward responsible financial behavior, help consumers maintain healthy credit, and make credit education an inherent part of being a card member. The opportunity to earn purchase APR reductions and receive ongoing credit education provides consumers with the foundation to build and maintain a strong credit history and financial future.
- Late fees are down: the sequel
- Citi Credit Card Rewards Responsible Action (Part 2)
- Citi Credit Card Rewards Responsible Action (Part 1)
- Credit Card Regulations May Have Unintended Negative Consequences
- To cancel or not to cancel? When to close a credit card account
- Are you impatient? Your credit score may be suffering
- How much will that revolving debt add to the cost of your car?
- In Google's latest attempt to take over the world, it now has its own credit card.
- CardRatings.com's Final Four: Low Interest Credit Cards