The Marriott family turned their commitment to guest service into a global empire that includes thousands of hotels and resorts. Although the Starwood Group's loyalty program often gets the most kudos when frequent travelers compare notes, Chase's Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card offers some of the most lucrative perks among hotel affinity cards.
Every dollar you spend with this credit card at 3,800 Marriott locations earns 5 rewards points. Earn 2 points per dollar on airfare when purchased directly with the airline, at car rental agencies and restaurant tabs. Everyday purchases rack up 1 point per dollar. The Marriott Rewards Premier card justifies its annual fee with bonus points and financial incentives that just might convince you to make Marriott the only place you'll stay throughout the year.
Comparing travel rewards credit cards
You may have noticed that Chase already offers a variety of hotel and airline credit cards, tied to brands. When you compare those offers with the bank's own popular rewards programs, you might have trouble telling some of their features and benefits apart.
The Premier version of the Marriott Rewards credit card stands out from the pack. Chase's current signup offer for new card holders 50,000 Points after spending $1,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening while offering an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $85.
More value-added perks from Chase and Marriott
Chase sweetens the deal for international travelers by eliminating foreign transaction fees on Marriott Rewards Premier accounts. Compared to most credit cards, that perk saves you between 3 and 5 percent on every purchase outside the U.S. The card also accelerates your Elite status.
How the best travel rewards cards stack up against Marriott's
Marriott's diverse brand portfolio assures travelers that they'll find the right kind of lodging at the right price, almost anywhere. Courtyard® appeals to budget travelers that don't want to skimp on quality, while the Renaissance® brand beckons to business travelers that want movie star treatment.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® program through American Express leverages a similar set of brand offerings, including Westin, Sheraton and W Hotels. SPG members love the program's market-driven redemption system, allowing last-minute deals that use rewards points like a currency.
However, the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card levels the playing field with bonus points and multipliers that offer exceptional value, if not flexibility. Members can redeem points for room nights across eight property categories with no blackout dates. Marriott even offers its own last-minute deals website, with specials available at new properties and at resorts that have recently completed renovations.
Highlights: Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
Click Here to see More Information
- Earn 50,000 Points after spending $1,000 in your first 3 months from account opening
- Receive 1 Free Night Stay after account approval in Category 1-4 locations, that's up to 7 Free Nights
- Receive 1 additional free night stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, thereafter $85
- For every $1 spent, earn 5 points at 3,800 Marriott locations, 2 points on airline ticket purchases directly with airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point everywhere else
- Achieve Elite Status faster with Annual Credit & Everyday Purchases - 15 Elite Credits after account approval and every year after your account anniversary
- Unlimited Point Accumulation
- No Foreign Transaction Fees and global Chip and Signature technology
3% ($5 min. )
$0 Intro Annual Fee for the first year, then $85