Editor's Note: Thank you for your interest, this offer expired and is no longer available.
Citibank has teamed up with American Airlines to offer a co-branded card, the Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage World MasterCard. The company has other co branded cards with the airline, but has made some significant changes in the perks offered with its cards, including its newest credit card, according to USA Today.
The new benefits include:
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage(R) bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Group 1 boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Double AAdvantage(R) miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage(R) miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage(R) miles each calendar year*
Currently, a promotion for extra miles after making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of membership is happening. The bonus miles vary; existing AAdvantage members may receive invitation-only offers for 35,000 miles, while Citi's website shows the offer for 30,000 miles.
The Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage World MasterCard has a $95 annual fee which is waived for the first 12 months. The interest rates for new purchases and cash advances are in the middle of the pack for rewards cards. There is no APR for balance transfers listed on the company website.