Five more non-profit organizations will enjoy grants of $200,000 each, thanks to online votes from American Express Cardmembers:
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation: The Health & Wellness category winner will use Members Project funding to deliver lifesaving treatment to underserved communities.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: The well-known dance company will use its Arts & Culture award to fund over three hundred new scholarships.
- A Better Chance: The Education category winner will use its American Express grant to enroll over 450 new scholarship recipients in prestigious college preparatory schools.
- Defenders of Wildlife: $200,000 from American Express will help the Environment & Wildlife category winner to help develop conservation solutions aimed at saving endangered plants and animals.
- Kiva: The world's first person-to-person lending marketplace will use its Community Development grant to help extend loans to over 241,000 entrepreneurs.
The grants represent the fourth and final round of awards under a twelve month partnership between American Express and TakePart, the social action network that tracked online votes and charity submissions. The MembersProject.com website will continue to serve as a hub for American Express Cardmembers and other site visitors to learn more about how they can give back to their own communities through credit card donations and volunteerism.