All of the American Express charge cards are geared towards frequent travelers. If you travel enough—and book your travel through American Express—you could conceivably earn enough rewards to make the annual fee worth it.
In short, I think the American Express Green Card is best suited for consumers that:
1. Don't need to revolve a balance
2. Travel Frequently and don't mind using American Express to book travel in order to get bonus reward points
3. Value entertainment access
If you do not travel often—but you like the American Express brand—you can compare American Express credit cards online at CardRatings.com. Amex offers a variety of reward credit cards in addition to their charge card products.
- Are there any credit cards that cover emergency medical bills overseas?
- I've been asked many times to upgrade my American Express card to platinum. I am especially interested in their companion ticket perk.
- About two years ago, I went through Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Will I be eligible for an American Express again?